Did you know?
- 50% of mental health problems are established by the age of 14 years.
- In England, 39.2% of those aged 6-16years in 2021 had experienced deterioration in mental health
- Rates of probable mental disorders in CYP (6-16years) have increased since 2017; from 1 in 9 to 1 in 6 in 2021.
Mental health problems in children and young people can lead to:
- Lower educational attainment
- Increase the risk of physical health problems
- Strongly associated with behaviours which pose a risk to health
The benefits of physical activity for children are endless including:
- Improved Motor & cognitive development
- Improved Psychological and social well being
- Improved Cardio-metabolic health & reducing body fat
- Building resilience
- Supporting recover from mental health problems
Working in partnership with the mental health experts at Wellbeing Through Sport, Active8 Minds will deliver a fun and engaging, DFE quality assured programme to the children at your school.
Benefits to your school:
- DFE Quality assured Senior Mental Health Lead Training
- Supports a whole school approach
- Delivers the mental wellbeing components of the RSE curriculum
- Helps schools meet OFSTED requirements
- Promotes good physical health
- Promotes good mental health
- Prevents mental ill health