Who is this course aimed at?
Sports coaches wishing to independently deliver multi sports sessions to primary school children.
£250 per learner
Through online video calls and independent learning
Coach primary school aged children at our training centre
Guided learning hours
Approximately 34 hours
Approximately 8 weeks
Prior to registration, learners are required to:
- be appropriately identified
- be at least 17 years of age
- be able to communicate effectively in English
There are no further prerequisites prior to certification other than the successful completion of all related 1st4sport assessed tasks or equivalent
Developed in partnership with UK Coaching and other experts within the sector, the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Multi-Skills Development in Sport will introduce learners to the principles of coaching fundamental movement skills and sport specific skills via the planning, delivery and review of a series of linked and progressive coaching sessions. A Level 2 Multi-Skills coach will be able to apply this knowledge to sport-specific coaching sessions or plan, deliver and review sessions purely linked to the development of fundamental movement skills (such as agility, balance and coordination) or sport-specific skills (such as jumping, throwing and catching).
Learners who achieve this qualification will:
- become qualified to support children’s successful participation in sport
- learn how to design, deliver and evaluate a linked and progressive series of multi-skills activity sessions
- make a positive impact on the children they’re working with by developing their movement confidence and sport-related skills
- help children master the fundamentals of movement in a fun, imaginative and progressive way
- make sport more enjoyable for children and young people…and much more!